Paper has been cut, ribbons have been trimmed, things have been printed, stickers have been stuck, and envelopes have been sealed. Names have been checked off lists. Stamps have been stamped. The invitations are heading out the door! Get ready!
We have two technology topics to discuss, so get your pointy hats on. First is RSVPs. We will be doing it all online through this website. Once you have your invitation, look inside for directions to let us know you are coming.
Second is Instagram! What is Instagram, you ask? It is a great, simple way to take pictures with your smart phone and share them with your friends. Our wedding buddies, Terry and Ashleigh, pioneered the use of everyone’s smartphones to take pictures of everything related to their wedding, not just pictures of their guests, but pictures by their guests. This is the modern equivalent of having disposable cameras on every table. You can read their post on the topic: YOU be the Photographer at our Wedding! (They had over 200 pictures taken by their guests during their wedding. Cool!)
But why wait until the wedding starts to get started? You can do it now! Follow these simple steps when you get your invitation:
- If you use Instagram now, great! If not, you can download it for your iPhone or Android phone. It is simple.
- Create yourself an account!
- Take a picture of you and your invitation in a creative way!
- Post it to Instagram using the hashtag #bbwed (this just means include the text “#bbwed” in the title of your picture)
- Your picture will automatically be included on our Wedding Facebook Page: JEB & TLB – Our Geek Wedding
- Take more pictures!
As we get closer to the wedding, we want you to take more pictures. They could be your preparations and journey to the wedding, behind the scenes pictures, and of course, many pictures from the wedding itself. Our Facebook page will become a live-stream of the whole event.